Android phone and Tablet users will be familiar with this one problem that frustrates someone. “There is insufficient space on the device” message most times pops up when one wants to install an application. In this article, we shall show how you can free up your device’s storage space and subsequently install any application of your choice.
First and foremost, you must recognise the fact that this is an issue with Android OS as this message comes up even when you have enough memory or storage space on your device. For example, it came up when I had a free 0.9 GB on my internal storage and 22GB on my card. The reason is because the way the Android system works, temporal memory is often needed for the effective running of any application.
To solve this “There is insufficient space on the device” error message, you have to…
- Make your SD card as your default storage space. To do this, go to SETTINGS and under STORAGE change the default storage location to SD card.
- Move your applications to SD card. You can manually do this from your SETTINGS >>Application management or you download applications alike Clean Master or App Mgr III
- Move your pictures and other files to SD Card. Do this by cutting and pasting the files from your internal memory to your SD Card using your File Manager.
- Clear the cache or junk files of your device. Do this using a simple RAM cleaner or booster above like the two apps listed above.
- Then Reboot your device.
Once you follow the above steps, your device’s memory should be freed and you can now proceed to installing your applications. However, if the problem persists,
- Turn off your phone
- With the handset turned off, press and hold the Volume Up key.
- While holding down the Volume Up key, press and hold the Home key.
- With both the Volume Up key and the Home key held down, press and hold the Power key.
- If the above doesn’t work try the guideline here in order to proceed to step 6.
- Press the Volume Down key to scroll to wipe cache partition.
- With wipe cache partition highlighted, press the Power key.
- Once the Cache wipe is complete, press the Power key to select reboot system now.
The Cache wipe is now complete. The handset will restart.
Now you can successfully install any application of your choice. Don’t forget to check back and clean the cache of your phone using any of the third party app.